Offline Google Calender and Google Maps

Dear World,

There are a number of apps available for android that syncs two-way with Google calender (gcal) for offline use, but I could never get this thing done for PC. For example, neither Windows 8 calendar app, nor Outlook calender, will sync with G Cal. Is there any workaround? I'm using a PC-Tablet running Windows 8 and I want to see and create schedules offline that should sync with Gcal when ever I come online.

Again, situation is same for maps. During the time of Microsoft Encarta, offline, installable maps were such an easy task, but not anymore. I used to use Gmap Catcher ultil recently when Google API changed such that catcher can not take maps offline. Is there a work around? I want high resolution maps (tiled) of selected cities (for e.g., places I'm intending to travel soon) for offline use in my Windows 8 PC.

Thanks and love,
Felix

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Philips GoGear MIX 4GB "Memory is full! Connect to PC and delete some content" issue? SOLVED

Paris needs to improve its public transportation!

Science as a Candle in the Dark